Our emotional harm and neglect course raises awareness of the damage that this can have on the emotional health and development of children and young people.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the causes and definitions of emotional abuse and neglect.
- Understand the legal context for intervention.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms and impact of emotional abuse and neglect on child development and outcomes for children.
- Have an awareness of the issues involved in working together – with parents and across professional boundaries.
- Develop methods of understanding and working with the emotional impact on professionals of dealing with emotional abuse and neglect.
This course can be customised to suit the particular needs of your organisation and those you work with. We encourage participants to consider not only their individual role and responsibilities in relation to the subject, but also to look at the subject from a multi-agency perspective. We use best practice and research examples throughout and encourage participants to develop a reflective and safe approach to their practice.
This course works well alongside our other specialised child protection training such as our Domestic, Sexual and Physical abuse courses. Each gives an excellent understanding of these key child protection issues.
In addition we can offer a specialised Neglect course which focuses in more detail on the themes of this highly complex subject. Ask us about discounts for multiple course bookings.
Please contact us to find out more.