By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Have an overview of theoretical perspectives on attachment.
- Recognise attachment in the context of The Assessment Framework.
- Understand the long-term impact of poor attachment and the implications for social work practice.
- Observe and record attachment relationships.
- Gain direct work techniques for addressing issues of loss and making new attachments.
This course can be customised to suit the particular needs of your organisation and those you work with. We encourage participants to consider not only their individual role and responsibilities in relation to the subject, but also to look at the subject from a multi-agency perspective. We use best practice and research examples throughout and encourage participants to develop a reflective and safe approach to their practice.
This course works well alongside our Communicating with Children course. Ask us about discounts for multiple course bookings.
Please contact us to find out more.